Flight Sim World Preview released
Dovetail games have finally released an early access version of Flight Sim World, FSX’s natural successor. Its currently available on Steam for £19.99, although there is no mentioning on final pricing so this could potentially be a good buy now. Flight Sim World is essentially an improved 64-bit version of FSX with various improvements. The developers are keen to improve all aspects of the simulator with pilots eventually “fearing the environment”. Its hoped the new developments will finally relieve many of FSX’s limitations, most notably its constraint on single core CPU performance and offload some of this work to the computers GPU. This will potentially enable dramatically better performance from the sim and its add-ons. Due to FSW’s core being based on FSX, its hoped that FSX add-ons will be compatible, however this will need to be thoroughly tested by developers.
- OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
- Processor: AMD APU Kaveri A10-7850K or Intel Core i3 6100
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Radeon R9 Fury or GeForce GTX 970 (4 GB VRAM)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 40 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
- Additional Notes: System requirements are subject to changes during optimisation process.