Dovetail Games Flight Sim World
Dovetail games have recently announced their continued development of FSX and will be releasing a new product platform called Flight Sim World, with a pre-release version available in May. Flight Sim World will be a 64-bit platform built on the foundations of DirectX11.
Below is more information from the developer:
About Flight Sim World:
Flight Sim World is a flight simulation platform developed by Dovetail Games. Based on benchmark technology, FSW includes the whole world as well as several single and twin propeller aircraft to get you started.
The aircraft in Flight Sim World have been created using the latest modelling and rendering technologies resulting in stunning realism and detail. Every switch and gauge in the cockpits are clickable, while a range of animations really brings the experience to life.
Not only do the core aircraft look amazing, but they also react to their environment realistically. A combination of atmospheric effects and advanced mechanics result in a remarkably unique flight experience.
If creating content is your passion, we have included the Pro Mission Editor, which is a comprehensive tool that allows you to create your own missions.
Free Flight: The whole world is yours to explore in Free Flight mode!
Multiplayer (Alpha): Fly with your friends on Steam! Please note Multiplayer is still in its Alpha stage, so you may experience bugs.
Lessons & Missions: Learn the basics with our LAPL and PPL based lessons, and then test your skills with a series of missions.
- Integration of Accu-Feel™ technology
- Fleet of highly detailed GA aircraft
- Easy to use flight planner
- Realistic flight model
- Integrated Orbx FTX Global textures
- Lessons and missions to test your skills
- Pilot profile to keep track of your flight hours
- Pro Mission Editor
Please note that Flight Sim World is currently in Early Access. This means that the sim is not feature-complete and you may encounter bugs. We will be working diligently with the community to resolve issues throughout the Early Access period, so if you see anything that doesn’t look right, please let us know in the Steam Forum or our FSW Forums
- OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
- Processor: AMD APU Kaveri A10-7850K or Intel Core i3 6100
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Radeon R9 Fury or GeForce GTX 970
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 40 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
- Additional Notes: System requirements are subject to changes during optimisation process.